Edmonton Jazz Society and the Yardbird Suite 
The successful Volunteer Coordinator candidate will be responsible for managing the volunteer program at the Yardbird Suite, operated by the Edmonton Jazz Society. The Yardbird Suite produces three events each week (Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays) and provides rentals (often Thursdays and Sundays) which require the scheduling and coordination of our volunteers.
This temporary, part-time position is responsible for recruitment, retention, selection, and scheduling of volunteers for the live concert events presented at the Yardbird Suite, Edmonton’s home for live jazz.
- Recruits, trains, and retains Volunteers
- Ensures all volunteer event schedules are filled
- Actively participates in various communications channels (online portal, social media, email, and phone) with Volunteers
- Able to work various evening and weekend shifts
- May participate in the creation and revision of volunteer policies and procedures
- Manages House Managers
- Other duties as required
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Experience in volunteer management
- Experience in scheduling
- Familiar with cultural non-profits
- Experience with software programs (i.e. Microsoft Suite; specifically Excel)
- Experience in social media (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Prefer current certifications: ProTec, ProServe and First Aid
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Police check required
- Competition closes by January 31
Start date: Immediately through the end of June 2022
Salary: $200 per week
Submission of resumes and further inquiries can be sent to Todd Crawshaw, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2022.